Wednesday, April 30, 2008

We are being shaken up!

I know things have been shaky at the SDA, but Reno, Nevada lately has been ridiculous. We are averaging about 50+ earthquakes a day. Granted, most are not felt, but we get a few good shakers each day that reminds us that Mother Earth is quite active. The Geologists I work with think it's a new fault that's doing all the shaking. Many of the epicenters are under a new and expensive subdivision. I guess their housing prices will be dropping for awhile till things settle down.

I find it quite exciting. I know I'm kinda twisted, but it's a humbling experience and reminds me just how small we really are in the big scheme of things. I spent much of my youth in Southern California and weathered many larger earthquakes, always enjoying each one.

I know this post has nothing to do with adoptions, but just had to give it a mention. If you want to see a map of earthquakes in the US, go to www.usgs.gov and click on the earthquake maps on the left.

1 comment:

junglemama said...

This title scared me when I first read it. Any news?