Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Nothing New

All quiet on the Eastern front. I checked in with our agency this week and they have nothing new. There are a few couples that have had their dossiers submitted around the same time and we are all still waiting for word. What's kinda funny here is that we're not stressing over this wait. We're both quite content to wait a short while for the appointment date. Things are crazy over there right now so waiting till things settle a bit might be for the good. Who knows?

We had a wonderful visit with Virginia's brother and family. Bill and Laura drove their 5 kids down from Portland, OR. over the Easter break. Bill had to go back to work so we let them borrow our Mustang and we used their urban assault vehicle (mini van) for the week. What a difference in driving between the two. They're great kids (4 girls and 1 boy) which made for a wonderful week of play for me and more work for Virginia (she enjoyed the visit too). The 11 hour drive back to Portland was uneventful except for a stomach bug that was going around the kids. I've come to realize that I have a stomach of steel since I had to wash out parts of the van during the trip.

5 comments:

Tami said...

I think you're right. It might not be a bad idea right now to have to wait a LITTLE bit. Things are kind of crazy right now. But hopefully it won't be TOO long of a wait. There's a child over there who needs you. ;>)

The Flying Eagle said...

I too agree that a little time may be your best friend. I can only hope that the end of this year brings a little more peaceful and positive adoption experiences. I admire you for your calm patience! A smooth and steady adoption is our wish for you and your family! Take care.

junglemama said...

Do you have private email? I wanted to answer some of your questions that you left me on my blog.

Nataliya said...

I guess you'll find out your appointment date any day now... You are right - waiting for an actual appointment date is not as stressful as waiting for submission. At least now you know that you'll get your date sooner or later.

Let me know if you need help with your Russian :)

Anonymous said...

Hello, Chris and Virginia!

My name is Irina.

We are also using about a child agency and I would like to discuss some questions with you if you don`t mind. Our dossie was submitted Feb 29,2008 and we are still waiting for appointment date.

Would you please answer to my e-mail strength0502@att.net

I would greatly appreciate your answer.

Thank you in advance.

Irina