Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Nesting

First, no new news yet. Our paperwork is in limbo in Kiev. It's been translated but there were some issues with technicalities with a couple of forms. These were corrected awhile ago and just waiting to get word as to what our status will be.

NESTING

I've been reading the boards and blogs for nearly a year now and never did understand what PAP's meant by nesting. Now I understand. For me, it's easiest to think about what birds do in preparation for their young; create an environment that's conducive to raising their young, a nest.

Well, it appears that we've been nesting for awhile now and just didn't realize it. Several years ago when we were shopping for a house, we purchased one that would fit the family we had in mind. We're in the middle of fixing up a room for the kids. Since we don't know what we'll be getting, we are prepping one of our rooms for both kids. If we end up with a girl and a boy, then I'll convert our home office/computer room into a second bedroom for the kids. This will eventually happen anyway.

The room is being painted a light lilac and could be considered gender neutral. We've been shopping for beds but we're going to wait and get some input from the kids. Currently we have a day bed with a trundle that will work till we buy the furniture. I have to say that we're having a ball doing all these nesting things. I never thought shopping could be so much fun.

We both enjoy playing computer games when we can get the time to play. The last gaming console I owned was the Atari 2600. Well, we decided to get a gaming console that the whole family could participate in, we bought a Wii. I think Nintendo did a great job creating a family gaming system. It's not a hard core gamers system like the XBox 360 or Playstation 3, but it excels at group play (up to 4 players). The real test will come this weekend when we visit my brother-in-laws family (6 kids) in Portland. This will let them test drive the system with their family and I'm rather curious as to how they'll take to it. My nephew is a gamer so I expect he may not be overly impressed with the graphics, but he may get caught up in the game play as both Virginia and myself have been. We're having too much fun with the Wii.

No doubt there will be so many more things that we'll end up doing as the time grows nearer. For now, we're just doing what we can as time permits. This helps to pass the time as we wait.

Thanks for dropping by :).


2 comments:

junglemama said...

It get worse as the time draws nearer to you bringing home your child. But it is a good thing. :)

Tami said...

The shopping is a kick isn't it?! I love it. The hardest thing about this adoption, though, is not knowing for sure how old they'll be. I can't buy any clothes or much in the way of new toys. I'm sticking with books for the moment, although I may get brave and go pick out some clothes, one in each size. ;)