Thursday, November 13, 2008

Court Update

First, thanks for all the support, prayers and good thoughts.

We had court today and I'd like to introduce:

Olena Angela Higgins (The Older) and
Alexandra (Sasha) Cassandra Higgins (The Younger)

The girls picked their middle names from a list we supplied and they decided to keep their first names. The younger one goes by Sasha.

Court went well today and we don't expect any problems with the 10 day wait period since these girls have no family. The town we are in is Alupka which is near Yalta and is quite beautiful.

We may have a lead on an Internet Cafe in Alupka so I'll post more from there.

Moose, will you post two of the pictures I sent you to my photo site. I'll email you with the login info. The pictures I want are the four of us on our first day and the one with the two girls laughing together.

I'll post more pictures when I can get real access.

Love and miss you all,
Chris and Virginia...Proud Parents

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very happy for you both!!!!!
Susan & Truman

Amy said...

Congratulations!

The article on the 12 year old girl made it briefly through the grapevines - via those folks really intuned with Ukraine adoptions...scary stuff for the family involved as well as whomever they used to help with the adoption!
Congratulations on getting through court! Hopefully your 10 days will fly by!

Best wishes!
Amy

Anonymous said...

Virginia & Chris,

I am sooooo happy for you!! Comgratulations!

Claudia

adopting2fromUkraine said...

Congratulations!

June

Anonymous said...

Congrats - what lovely names. Still praying for best outcome.

MYKL

junglemama said...

Wooo! A big congrats to you both! I am so happy for you!

Nataliya said...

I'm thrilled for you! Congratulations!!! Hopefully the rest of the process will go very fast.

Anonymous said...

WAHOO! YAY!
Welcome to the family! Olena and Sasha! I love the middles names also!
yay! now, when do you come home? Is it still the 11th?

oh man, I gotta call my mom and tell her!!
lve you
your sweetas

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the Higgins Family !!!

Have enjoyed reading and seeing your journey. Can't wait to see you all soon... Linda Bracco
(Ben Frank family)

Carr Family said...

Chris and Linda,

Just got your blog address from my Dad (Rob Hendrickson) so glad to read through and see such a wonderful outcome. Congrats on finally getting this far. Looked at the pictures of the girls. What a beautiful family you make.

Blessings,
Amy Carr